Confirmation is the way by which the baptized are “more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit.” We are given the special grace and the ability to better “spread and defend the faith by word and deed."(Catechism of the Catholic Church # 1285)
Due to the Bishop’s new regulations on the Sacrament of Confirmation, Christ the King will have a two-year Confirmation program ending with the reception of the Sacrament in 10th grade. This program will have meetings Sundays at 9 a.m. where we will learn about the truths of our faith and how to be a soldier for Christ. This program will also include service projects, a retreat, and many opportunities to enter into Christian fellowship. All students grades 9-11 are welcome!
Confirmation Candidate Requirements
- Candidate is expected to sign up during August prior to Confirmation Year I
- Attend a candidate/parent/sponsor meeting
- Select a sponsor by the end of Confirmation Year I
- Participate in a Discernment Interview at the beginning of Confirmation Year I
- Attend Confirmation Preparation Session once a month.
- Consistently attend faith formation within the youth group and maintain a minimum attendance rate of 50% or enrollment in religion classes at Dowling Catholic High School (maintain a C or above grade) along with attendance at a minimum of 10 youth group events.
- Complete a Patron Saint Summary to declare patron saint by November of Year II
- Attend opening and closing retreats
- Attend Confirmation Year II Retreat
- Participate in one of the provided service projects per year, I and II (at least one with the company of sponsor)
" You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth."